An Interesting Chain of Events...

Posted by Arielle | Posted in | Posted on 3:56 PM

0

Well, yesterday was Valentines Day: a day of love and red and hearts and roses and general icky mushyness. Of course, as I was recently dumped, (though I really think I'm getting over it and all that...) I was all like "Fuck Valentines Day, it's dumb. I am going to wear black. Fuck you all." So that's what I did. I wore a super cute outfit that was my black jersey dress and a plaid top and my maroon tights with my black boots. I was looking really really cute, and I was hoping to maybe just maybe talk to Franklin girl (that red head mention in earlier posts). So blah blah blah the day went on and I went to class and whatever. 160 was fine, long and involved talking and then a pretty fun exercise which out team totally won! YES!

So then I get to 140, which is acting, and Dawn, my professor, was all like "Repeating game! Go!!" And basically in this "game", more of an exercise really, but still, and basically all you do is find truthful observations of your partner and say them. And then they "try it on" and repeat it back to you. It's really dumb and there is a lot of eye contact and I hate it. So basically my friend Clay and I started and he's all like "You're this... you're that" and then he says "You're wishing I was Alex." And I was totally thrown off guard. Completely. So I was like... well actually yes. So I said it back to him. And then there was acting shit and I hate that class so much it's not even funny. So yeah.
And then we went to dinner. And she was there. And basically I was with Greg and even though I was like "No! DON'T!" he went up and was like "Hi. my friend Arielle is really attracted to you, and wants to hangout sometime." And she said yes. SHE SAID YES. And that her name is Alex, and that I should add her on Facebook. I decided to wait until I introduced myself. So then, today, I was at breakfast and was alone cause all my friends left, and her friend showed up and sat a table over, and then she walked in. I avoided all eye contact, and she basically walked on my table that's how close she was walking to it. And she did the drop something close to you and pick it up thing. So yeah. It took me a half an hour to work up the gall to talk to her, but I finally went over and this is what I said:

Me: "Sorry to interrupt but my friend Greg came over here last night and embarrassed me and I thought I'd come over and say hi. I'm Arielle. You're Alex right?"
Her: "Yeah I'm Alex. Nice to meet you, we should talk sometime."
Me: "Yeah that sounds good. Last night was mortifying, so yeah. See you around."
Her laugh is SO CUTE. And she has freckles. Oh god, I am defenseless against freckles. And now I'm friends with her on Facebook. God I just love today.Deep down, I'm scared that she's all like "That girl is ugly and weird." But I don't really care, because even if my friend "made the first move" I got over my fear of talking to her, and just did it. I just need to be able to keep it going. Other than that, things are good. I am loving class, and all that. I am really happy. :D

Comments (0)