It's Freaky How Well My Mum Knows Me...

Posted by Arielle | Posted in | Posted on 12:38 PM

0

So I have decided to add a major: Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies. But I really want to focus on the gender/sexuality side of it, specifically with the education of high school kids about the LGBTQ community. So I called my mum the other day to tell her all this, and this is what she told me:


"I told Christian the other day that I think you're going to be a social worker. I think you will get your degree in social working. You will own a traveling theater group and perform plays about issues relating to gays and lesbians and trans people. Then you'll do assemblies after ward to talk to the students about what they saw and go into further detail about the issues the play touched on."

GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HEAD MUM. I love you, but really, the extent you know me is kinda ridiculous. For example, I am at UMass majoring in theater because you said I would be good at it and love it. And I am, and I am loving it. And now this. UGH. (This not really GTFO, but jokingly so... sarcasmmmmm)
I dunno, I think that is exactly what I want to do to a t. I want generations to come to be educated early on the fact that there is really no difference between your gay friend Sam and your straight friend Gary, besides that nobody name's their kids Gary anymore. And I guess I want to focus on making teens aware that yeah, they are different but not in any way that is dangerous to you. I think my main focus would be trans men and women, and to help make it not such a taboo subject. I have dated a transman, and I respect and applaud them for their courage in a truly not accepting world. I mean, they can't really help what they feel and all that besides feeling they don't belong in the body they're in.
This was just a huge ramble. My apologies....

Comments (0)